juice fast journal: day 2
Usually by day 2 of a juice fast (yes, only day 2), I really struggle with cravings for FOOD! Not this time though, I was entirely content with my juice all day – I’m so excited : )
Despite having a very mild headache all day, detoxing I suppose) I have had loads of energy; so much so that I started the day with a 3 mile run around the pond at 5am, had my first golf lesson with a PGA Pro after work, and stopped into the gym for a swim for the first time in over a year! It’s now 10:20pm and usually by now I’m what my mum calls ‘cactus’, i.e., absolutely useless and sleeping on the couch, but I’m here churning out blogs, doing some school and about to learn how to change the flat tire I have on bike so I can ride it into work tomorrow. At this point I can’t imagine when I’m going to want to sleep!
- Wake at 5am: 15 minutes oil pulling followed by 1/2 liter of water with salt
- Run 3 miles
- 1 liter of beet juice over the morning (I started post-run and took it to work)
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 liter of tropical juice at about 1:30pm
- 1.5 liters water
- Golf lesson + swim
- 330ml coconut water post-swim as couldn’t get any fresh juice in the city
- 1 liter of my latest creation, the virgin mary for dinner at about 8pm.
- Weight: 125.8lb – a little confused that it’s more than yesterday but with having so much liquid yesterday I’m not surprised.
- Mental: clear mind, mild headache all day though : (
- Physical: ABUNDANT ENERGY! It’s making me nervous…
- Emotional: happy thoughts, positive outlook
- Cravings: none, despite (or especially when) people where microwaving their lunches in the office
- Skin: no noticeable difference yet but I did a session in the steam room at the gym to help speed things up, fingers crossed!
- Eyes: no noticeable difference yet – a bit red with all my laptop use.
Wow, a good day all-in-all. Here’s hoping day 3 is even better!